WARWICK, RI, November 10, 2009—If you’re looking forward to the holidays but not to traveling during the peak storm, flu, and travel season, treat yourself to an early gift and buy travel insurance for peace of mind protection. Travel insurance provides significant coverage for some of the most common travel risks including severe weather, delays and missed connections, sudden illness, and lost baggage.
Purchasing travel insurance protection is important. Selecting the best policy to meet your needs and concerns is critical. Whether you’re a first-time travel insurance consumer or a veteran customer, InsureMyTrip.com, the premier travel insurance comparison site, offers the following guidelines to help you through the buying process.
- Know what you most want to protect: From your travel investment to your personal health, travel insurance can provide the coverage you need when you need it most.
- Know what you have: Travel insurance protects many things that are not covered by credit cards, homeowner policies, and healthcare plans. Know what you have then research and compare the coverages available with travel insurance at InsureMyTrip.com.
- Buy sooner than later: Trip Cancellation Package Policies offer the broadest protection, including coverage for trip cancellation, interruption, baggage and travel delay, as well as medical and emergency evacuation. To receive the most benefit from the travel insurance policy including financial default protection and coverage for pre-existing medical conditions, the majority of the policies require that you purchase your policy within 10 to 30 days of your First Trip Payment.
- Protect your baggage: Current data estimates that 30 million bags are mishandled each year as a result of airport congestion, reduced flight availability, and mounting baggage volumes. Remember to protect your bags during the busy travel season.
- Take control of your travel: Travel insurance affords many options to help you manage your travels. “Cancel For Any Reason” is one such optional benefit that empowers travelers to cancel trips for any reason of their choosing including schedule conflicts, bad weather, even fear of contracting the H1N1 influenza virus, up to two days prior to departure. This coverage varies by company and must be purchased within 15 days of your First Trip Payment.
Wherever and whenever you are traveling, travel insurance is a prudent investment and your best defense against many of the most common travel risks. To learn more about the protection plans that best suit your travel needs, visit www.insuremytrip.com or call (800) 487-4722 to speak with a licensed travel insurance representative. InsureMyTrip.com’s Customer Care team provides expert guidance and assistance 365 days a year, Monday through Friday 7AM to Midnight, Saturday 9AM to 6PM and Sunday 11AM to 6PM ET.
# # #
Established in 2000, InsureMyTrip.com is the leading, consumer-oriented online travel insurance aggregator worldwide. Featuring insurance comparisons from the top industry providers, InsureMyTrip.com is a unique, one-stop resource designed to meet consumers’ comprehensive travel insurance needs all in a secure environment. InsureMyTrip.com also specializes in providing integrated technology solutions for the travel insurance industry, with over 2,000 private-labeled and co-branded travel-related websites around the globe. InsureMyTrip.com is headquartered in Warwick, RI with additional offices and data centers in Connecticut and Oregon.