WARWICK, RI, November 13, 2006—My Travel Guard, a customizable travel insurance plan that allows clients to pick and choose the coverages for their specific travel needs, is now available at InsureMyTrip.com, the internet’s leading travel insurance comparison site.
“At InsureMyTrip.com, we believe travel insurance is personal,” commented Jim Grace, the firm’s President and CEO. “Our site features the top U.S. insurance companies and more than 100 travel insurance plans; so our clients can compare and select the coverage that best meets their individual needs. We are delighted that AIG Travel Guard’s new plan is so very much in keeping with our own ‘customers-first/customers’ choice’ philosophy.”
My Travel Guard is an affordable, made-to-order travel insurance program that includes basic coverage for:
- Trip cancellation, interruption and delay
- Medical expenses and emergency medical evacuation
- Lost, stolen or damaged baggage and travel documents
- Luggage delay
Travelers can then choose the additional coverages and limits they want including:
- Medical Expense Upgrade: Waives the deductible, and increases the coverage up to $50,000.
- Primary Coverage Upgrade for Medical Expense: Covers medical expenses first, without regard to other insurance or coverage.
- Baggage Upgrade: Waives the deductible, and increases coverage for lost, stolen or damaged baggage up to $1,500; increases the baggage delay coverage to $200
- Primary Coverage Upgrade for Baggage: Covers lost, stolen or damaged baggage without regard to other insurance or coverage.
- “Hospital of Choice” Evac Upgrade: Transports the injured home or to the hospital of their choice, and increases the coverage limit from $100,000 to $1 million
- Coverage for Adventure Sports Activities: Industry’s first per-trip plan to provide coverage for a wide-range of adventure sports related travel activities including: mountain climbing, hang gliding, skydiving, parachuting, snow boarding, and more.
- Coverage for Terrorism, Financial Default and Pre-Existing Medical Conditions: Provides coverage for trip cancellation or interruption if a trip is cancelled due to a covered terrorist incident, financial default of a travel supplier, or a pre-existing medical condition.*
- Renters Collision Insurance: Covers travelers in the event of costly collision damage repairs
- Flight Guard Insurance: Provides coverage for accidents that occur when traveling on a regularly scheduled or chartered flight.
- “At Your Service” Upgrade: Provides access to a world of conveniences that simplify and enrich the travel experience, including access to exclusive restaurants, concerts and other venues.
“Empowering the consumer to customize their coverage is a unique and innovative approach,” explained John Noel, Chief Executive Officer of AIG Travel Guard. “Likewise, we believe My Travel Guard is also a perfect fit for InsureMyTrip.com where consumers can personally compare and choose their travel insurance plans.”
To learn more about the coverage plans that best suit your travel needs, visit InsureMyTrip.com on-line or call (800) 487-4722 to speak with one of InsureMyTrip’s expert travel insurance professionals. Customer service representatives are available seven days a week, M-F 9 A.M.-9 P.M. & Sat.-Sun. 9 A.M.-5 P.M. ET.
# # #
Established in 2000, InsureMyTrip.com is the leading, consumer-oriented online travel insurance aggregator worldwide. Featuring insurance comparisons from the top industry providers, InsureMyTrip.com is a unique, one-stop resource designed to meet consumers’ comprehensive travel insurance needs all in a secure environment. InsureMyTrip.com also specializes in providing integrated technology solutions for the travel insurance industry, with over 2,000 private-labeled and co-branded travel-related websites around the globe. InsureMyTrip.com is headquartered in Warwick, RI with additional offices and data centers in Connecticut, New York, and Pennsylvania.
About AIG Travel
AIG Travel Guard is a wholly owned subsidiary of AIG Travel Services, Inc., a member company of American International Group, Inc. (AIG). AIG, world leaders in insurance and financial services, is the leading international insurance organization with operations in more than 130 countries and jurisdictions. The AIG Companies serve commercial, institutional and individual customers through the most extensive worldwide property-casualty and life insurance networks of any insurer. In addition, the AIG Companies are leading providers of retirement services, financial services and asset management around the world.
The travel insurance offered through AIG Travel Guard is underwritten by American Home Assurance Company or National Union Fire Insurance Company of Pittsburgh, Pa., with their principal place of business in New York, NY. Both of these companies are subsidiaries of AIG. The policies contain reductions, limitations, exclusions, and termination provisions. Not all coverages are available in every state.